Springfield Criminal Law Lawyer Aggressively Defends Your Rights
Tenacious Missouri law firm defends those accused of crimes
Have you been accused of committing a crime? Don’t let the prosecution bully you around. Stand up for your rights, beginning by hiring a dedicated criminal defense attorney who will represent you forcefully in the face of prosecution accusations. The Law Office of Rob J. Aiken serves Missouri clients in criminal cases, providing aggressive representation with proven results. Attorney Aiken is a former federal prosecutor.
Defending you against all charges
We are devoted to protecting our clients’ freedom. We strongly challenge prosecution efforts to prove their case, and do everything in our power to avoid conviction or reduce any sentence that might be imposed. Our firm knows that witnesses may lie on the stand, crime scenes can be tampered with, and police officers can make mistakes. We personally speak with witnesses to ensure that they are telling the whole truth. We can examine the alleged crime scene thoroughly, searching for evidence that can help prove your innocence. We also pore over police records and bring in experts to challenge the prosecution’s theories.
Nothing is more important than your freedom. If you need a defense attorney who is dedicated to your case, and has the experience of a former federal prosecutor, contact us today.
Protecting our clients for more than 30 years
We represent clients in the following criminal matters:
- Felonies. If you have been charged with a felony, it is essential that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to zealously defend you in court. Felonies are the most serious crimes — such as murder, rape, armed robbery, credit card fraud and burglary. Felony convictions also have the most serious consequences. A person convicted of a felony is sentenced to serve at least one year in a state or federal prison, and may be committed for life. In addition, convicted felons are stripped of many of the rights guaranteed to American citizens, including the right to vote, the right to travel out of the country and the right to own a gun. Convicted felons also have to disclose their crimes on job applications and can be deported if they are not American citizens.
- Misdemeanors. Misdemeanors are crimes such as disorderly conduct, simple assault, shoplifting and trespassing that are punishable by less than a year in prison. Although misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, having a misdemeanor conviction on your criminal record can limit your employment options and can result in a jail sentence. Ensure that you receive a fair trial by letting our attorney represent you.
- Motor vehicle offenses. If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license, or vehicular manslaughter, we can help. We also assist clients who need to get their drivers licenses restored or fight traffic tickets.
- Drug crimes. Charges of trafficking, distributing or possession of illegal substances or drug paraphernalia can result in heavy fines and extended time in jail. You can rely on our knowledge of drug crimes and our history of successful results to help eliminate or minimize the charges against you.
- Sexual offenses. Rape and sexual assault cases are often among the hardest for defendants to win. Our attorney have the experience and skills to successfully litigate these cases.
- Sealing and expungement of records. A criminal record can prevent you from pursuing higher education, securing your dream job, or traveling abroad. We can help you eliminate past criminal charges from your record, or get those records sealed so that you can move on with your life.
Don’t delay, contact the Law Office of Rob J. Aiken in Springfield today
When your freedom is on the line, choose a criminal defense attorney with the experience and dedication to make a difference. Call 417-986-1711 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. With an office conveniently located in Springfield, Missouri, the Law Office of Rob J. Aiken stands ready to represent you in your criminal matter.